What's new in RIATest 6.2.4
- Added RIATest Loader for Apache Flex SDK 4.12 and Flex SDK 4.13
- Added missing RIATest Loader files for Apache Flex SDK 4.11
Changes from version 6.2.2 to 6.2.3:
- Fix lookup of chrome.exe on Windows.
Changes from version 6.2.1 to 6.2.2:
Changes from version 6.2 to 6.2.1:
- Fix error "Referral returned from server".
Changes from version 6.1 to 6.2:
- Fix loading of HTML pages in Chrome.
- Added RIATest Loader for Apache Flex SDK 4.11
Changes from version 6.0 to 6.1:
- Fix Verify Image capability from Object Inspector view for Flex objects.
- Fix incorrect warning on 'include' statement when non-const file name is provided.
- Fixed: crash when removing a script from project on Mac OS X
Changes from version 5.3 to 6.0:
- Windows UI Automation Smart Recorder
- Windows 8 Metro UI Automation Support .
- Improved Video Recording to include the position of the acted object.
- Automatically synchronize on Flex cursor state.
- Improved HTML support.
- Added SVG elements support.
- New consolidated Script Errors View to show results of background syntax checks.
- Execution States in Project View.
- Go to Definition Capability.
- New Find dialog.
- include_once statement.
- Bitwise shift operators.
- Ability to Do HTTP Requests.
- Simple exec() function.
- Ability to restrict locator search scope via Flex.setLocatorOption(LO_DEEP_SEARCH,val) call.
Changes from version 5.2 to 5.3:
- Improved documentation: added multiple script code examples.
- Correct values of WVS_MAXIMIZED and WVS_MINIMIZED flags.
- Fix HTML OBJECT element recognition in Firefox.
- Fixed: HTML element could not be found if automationIndex was specified in the locator.
Changes from version 5.1 to 5.2:
- Apache Flex SDK 4.9 Runtime Loader added.
- Html.goToURL function now works correctly when RIATest listens on an alternate port.
- Improved speed of waitfor(Html.pageLoaded()) operation.
- ExtJS Menu recognition fixed.
- ExtJS Window header tool button recognition fixed.
- Fix error message on Firefox Agent startup.
- Fixed: RIATest loses connection to Flex part of app after HTML navigation.
- Fixed: project option changes sometimes were not saved.
- Fixed: Flex AIR applications failed to connect to RIATest IDE at startup.
Changes from version 5.0.5 to 5.1:
Flex application testing:
- Apache Flex SDK 4.8 Runtime Loader added.
- Allow Flex applications with empty id.
- Fix incorrect positioning of system mouse events in some Flex applications in Firefox.
- Fix Flex ROLL_OVER/ROLL_OUT event sequencing when low-level mouse actions are performed.
HTML and ExtJS testing:
- Windows UI Automation now supported on HTML applications.
- HTML Inspection now correctly works for IFRAMEs.
- HTML Frameset is now supported.
- Fix "access denied" message in Firefox 16+ on certain dynamically loading HTML objects.
- Fix handling of Ext JS DateField object.
- Fix Ext JS form field recognition.
- Debug break at correct position when unhandled exception occurs.
- Honor debug break preferences when unhandled exception or waitfor timeout occur.
- setOption function to configure mouse emulation modes.
- Fix crash on first Firefox launch if it was done using openBrowser call.
- Fix crash when toggling "Show all properties" in Object Inspector without a selected item.
- Fix memory corruption during video recording on Mac.
Changes from version 5.0 to 5.0.5:
- Stack view now shows a correct stack when unhandled exception or fatal error occurs.
- Fixed crash on project reload when project options dialog is open.
- Fixed crash in object inspector when trying to verify without an object selected.
- Fixed crash in Standard Edition when saving project options.
Changes from version 4.7 to 5.0:
- HTML and ExtJS automation now available.
- Screen recording during test execution.
- Auto-saving of execution results.
- Object Inspector view now shows Flex and HTML application object trees.
- Execution screen recording playback view.
- Project options to configure what execution results are created.
- Currently executing script indicator in the project view.
- Image object to represent bitmap images.
- HtmlLocator to represent HTML UI objects.
- Html object to group HTML-related top-level functions.
- Screen object to work with displays and take screenshots.
- Results object to work with execution results.
- getScriptInfo function.
- getStackTrace function available error objects.
- getObjectImage function for Flex objects.
- operator 'is'.
Changes from version 4.6 to 4.6.1:
- Hotfix: crash in certain conditions when executing actions (was introduced in 4.6).
Changes from version 4.5 to 4.6:
- Added support for SkinnablePopUpContainer.
- Fixed long-standing crash bug on tooltip expression evaluation.
- Mac: Fixed crash after "Remote call timed out" error message.
Changes from version 4.4 to 4.5:
- Mac: fix encoding problems when pasting from TextWrangler.
- Update code signing to confirm to Windows UIA requirements.
- Eclipse/Flash Builder plugin bug fixes.
Changes from version 4.3 to 4.4:
- Eclipse/Flash Builder plugin Beta (see below).
- Runtime Loader for Flex SDK 3.6 and SDK 4.6 applications.
- closeBrowser no longer crashes when passed a wrong parameter type.
- CSVStream.readLine no longer crashes on incorrect file streams.
- exitProject() function now works correctly.
- Fix handling of script files which do not confirm to UTF-8 encoding.
Changes from version 4.2 to 4.3:
- RIATest License Server can now serve version 3 and 4 licenses simultaneously.
- exitProject() script function added.
- /ox and /oj command line options can be now specified simultaneously.
- Bug fixes.
Changes from version 4.1 to 4.2:
- Multiple RIATest instances can be run simultaneously on one machine.
- Spark DataGrid support added.
- Code completion improvements.
- System event simulation on Flex objects now works correctly on multi-monitor systems.
- Ability to find a descendant of SysLocator (getDescendant function).
- New script functions added (getTypeName, toPrintableString, hasOwnProperty, getProcessId, getWindow, getLastBrowser).
- Bug fixes.
Changes from version 4.0 to 4.1:
- Flex 4.5 support.
- JUnit style reporting. See command line option /oj.
- New project option to enable/disable Windows UI Automation per project.
- Bug fixes.
Changes from version 3.8.1 to 4.0:
- Windows UI Automation now available.
- Image-based component automation.
- Bitmap checkpoints (Image verification).
- OS-level keyboard and mouse event emulation [Windows only].
- Callstack view.
- Watch view.
- Object Inspector view [Windows only].
- Image Repository view.
- Find in Files.
- Additional debugging control (Step Over, Step Out, Run To Cursor, Set Position To Cursor).
- Object Inspector for secondary AIR windows.
- Configurable locator behavior (setLocatorOption function).
- Multiple connections with same application ID now supported.
- User-defined Flex Global Exception handler function (registerErrorHandler function).
Changes from version 3.8 to 3.8.1:
- Fix re-throw bug (was not working).
- Fix crash of exec() function on certain regular expressions.
- closeBrowser now cancels the waiting for Agent connection initiated by previous openBrowser call.
Changes from version 3.7 to 3.8:
- Date.getTimezoneOffset() bug fixed (was working wrong on Mac).
- Added keyPress event support to SparkListBase.
- Fixed: "break" from "switch" had no effect if placed inside a brace block.
- Fixed: it was impossible to set breakpoints after some statements.
- Fixed: crashed in certain cases when a file open in editor was modified outsite RIATest.
Changes from version 3.6 to 3.7:
- Project workspace is now saved anytime the project is saved.
- Added support for text input related events for SparkComboBox.
- Fixed incorrect ordering of parameters in calltips for certain functions.
- Fixed CSVStream.writeLine bug.
Changes from version 3.5 to 3.6:
- Methods of GUI objects can be now called without declaring them in class information file.
- Fixed crash on include statement trying to access unreadable files.
Changes from version 3.4 to 3.5:
- Spark ItemRenderer support.
- Drag/drop support for Spark List.
- Spark ButtonBarBase and TabBar support.
- Fixed: breakpoints could not be set on some assignment expressions and the following lines.
- Fixed syntax error message on incorrect assignment expressions.
Changes from version 3.3 to 3.4:
- Flex 4 Spark components support.
- Process.read() now correctly returns data even if the process is already terminated.
- Fixed crash on editor selection scrolling out of view.
- Fixed crash on Mac when adding new group.
- Fixed HTML report date/time output for empty scripts.
- Fixed code completion bug.
Changes from version 3.2 to 3.3:
- Flex SDK 3.5 support added.
- Windows 7 support added.
- Fixed startup crash on invalid classinfo XML files.
Changes from version 3.1 to 3.2:
- Improved documentation.
- TabNavigator itemClick recording fixed.
- Fixed crash on Process constructor if argument contained % character.
- Fixed crash on empty RegExp to string conversion.
- License Server Monitor now correctly accepts floating license keys (was bug in 3.1)
- Other bug fixes.
Changes from version 3.0 to 3.1:
- Fixed Flex 4 AIR secondary window support bug.
- Fixed IE8 operation when RIATest was launched by a Windows service.
- Fixed RIATest Agent startup bug for certain applications.
- Fixed crashes caused by background syntax checker on certain errors.
- Detect stack overflow if infinite recursion happens on certain built-in functions.
- Correct masks in file selection dialogs on Mac.
Changes from version 2.4 to 3.0:
- Mac OS X version now available.
- Flex 4 Spark components preliminary support.
- Test results converter utility rtxml2html.
- Code Completion.
- Background Syntax Check.
- Test results visualization reports.
- Recording options (automationName/id, minimal/verbose).
- Developer productivity mode (always accept connections).
- Component icons are shown in hierarchy inspector.
- Connect button now available when not connected.
- Ability to specify classinfo from delegate class.
- Separate Runtime Loader now available for each Flex SDK version 3.0-3.4, 4.0.
Changes from version 2.3 to 2.4:
- Flex 4 Halo applications are now supported.
- Fixed runtime error with Flex 3.3 and Flex 3.4 applications.
- RIATestAgent.swc is now linking externally to all libraries.
Changes from version 2.2 to 2.3:
- Fixed Process.read() bug (sometimes returned garbage).
- Fixed Agent toolbar styles for custom skinned applications.
- Fixed project desktop restoring bug (incorrect operation with .rtw files).
- Fixed Number.toString() bug.
- Fixed IDE crash on externally modified file reload.
- Execution now properly finishes when running a project without "Close browser on test complete" option from command line.
- Label-less TabNavigator now supported.
Changes from version 2.1 to 2.2:
- Fixed bug with double Agent toolbars appearing if a popup was created in the preinitialize event of application.
- Fixed URL expansion when using local RIATest Loader.
Changes from version 2.0 to 2.1:
- switch statement parsing bug fixed.
- Locator compose operator -> bug fixed (was modifying left argument).
- Vista/IE7 browser is now closing normally at the end of execution.
- RIATest Loader now works with IE7.
- RIATest Loader now works with applicaitons compiled with Flex SDK 3.2.
- New command line option /rf to specify a file listing enabled/disabled state
- Command line option /l now correctly processes custom commands which include
url to launch.
- Exit code 6 now returned as expected on agent connection time out.
- Installer adds riatest.exe to Windows Firewall exceptions to avoid warning
message when launching applications.
- DateField keyboard and text selection events are now correctly replayed.
- Date type properties are now natively transfered from Flex application to
- Added new <results> node to XML results file.
Changes from version 1.6 to 2.0:
- Object can be now located using any property or combination of properties.
- Locators now accept RegExp for pattern matching against property values.
- Ability to have full manual control on browser opening and shutdown (openBrowser/closeBrowser
- Any property of component can be now retrieved, including complex types
(e.g. ArrayCollection, etc.).
- Can automate context (right-click) menu.
- Ability to pass external project global parameters when running from command
line and use them from within test script.
- Tabular Data support.
- Capability to run single or multiple scripts or groups instead of the whole project.
- Code Edit and Continue.
- Capability to output test results in XML format.
- Option to disable current line animation when running.
- Option to open new script files in existing editor window when running.
- External project global parameters definition window.
- Editor bookmarks.
- Messages view filters.
- New 'switch' statement.
- New Date Object.
- New Math Object.
- New RegExp Object.
- New UIDUtil Object.
- Object Inspector now also shows object hirerachy.
- Option to show all properties of objects in Object Inspector.
- Inspection performance is improved.
- Agent window can be moved and resized even when inspecting.
Changes from version 1.5 to 1.6:
- Fix Agent toolbar in some AIR Applications (toolbar was not visible in WindowedApplication
with unspecified widht and height).
- itemClick events on charts are now recorded and executed properly.
Changes from version 1.0 to 1.5:
- Custom components are now fully supported. Read details here.
- Multiple simultaneous SWF applications can now connect and be automated
- Flex 2 support added (RIATestAgent2.swc Agent for Flex 2 applications provided).
- New RIAScript Process class to control
- 'Exec Command' project launch option added (useful for AIR applications).
- Batch execution time limit (command line -t option) and error number limit
(command line -e option) features.
- Improved automatic synchronization (now synchronizes on the event's related
- Environment variable RIATEST is registered during installation and points
to the installation directory.
- The RIATest Agent Toolbar is now hidden when running.
- Runtime Loader is now marked by the installer as Globally Trusted to avoid
security related problems.
- Empty FormItem labels no longer result in a crash and are inspected properly
(workaround Flex SDK bug).
- Non-List (e.g. DataGrid) dropDownFactory for the ComboBox selection change
event is now recorded properly (workaround Flex SDK bug).
- RIATest now runs on Windows 2000.
- Bug fixes.